We use an integrative approach to therapy which means that we use a variety of techniques from different theoretical orientations. Using this method helps us tailor therapy to each individual and their unique needs. We find this to be the most effective way to meet our patients where they are and their needs at any given point in time. Everyone is different and everyone deserves a unique treatment plan.
Counseling specialities for children, adolescents, and adults include, but are not limited to:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Asperger's Disorder (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Anxiety and anxiety related disorders
- Weight loss
- Pre and post bariatric surgery counseling
- Bipolar disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Psychological assessments, also known as evaluations or testing, are a therapeutic approach used either in conjunction with or separate from therapy. Assessments are used for many reasons including determining a diagnosis and differentiating amongst diagnoses. Additionally, assessments can be used to obtain services in schools and in an occupational setting. They may also be used as a prerequisite for surgical procedures.
Assessments offered for children, adolescents, and adults include but are not limited to:
- Educational/Psychoeducational evaluations for learning disabilities
- Bariatric and other pre-surgical evaluations
- Psychological assessments for emotional disorders for children and adults including, but not limited to, Asperger's disorder, depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder
- Court ordered evaluations
Throughout the upcoming months, we will be adding group therapy to our list of services. Group therapy is a great way to realize that you are not alone and it can help you find your voice. Some people prefer the group environment to individual therapy. For more information, please visit our group therapy page for ongoing and upcoming groups.
For more information on the diagnoses and conditions listed above, please visit The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
To schedule an appointment, please click here or call 703.539.2834